Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What's Wrong with Timmy? By: Maria Shriver

I chose to read this book because I have read her book What's Heaven? My mom had bought the book after my grandmother died and her books were very helpful in explaining the concept of death. This particular book is great for teaching children about mental disorders in children. It is a great book for parents or teachers to read with children to bring up questions and discussion about the disorder. Many children are not comfortable talking about such topics but may wonder in their minds what is wrong with people who have these disorders and it is important to answer this questions. The illistrations by Sandra Spiedel are excellent. They are paintings and bring the story to life. The story was very sad, but I would recommend it to anyone who is trying to have a discussion about disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment