Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Jessica By Kevin Henkes

I thought the book Jessica was very creative although there were some things I did not like about the book. I liked the illustrations and the side quotations from Ruthie on each page. I liked how the advice Ruthie would give to Jessica would be common phrases you would hear a parent telling their children. Jessica was sort of like a little sister figure to Ruthie since she didn’t have any siblings. I also liked how when there was something wrong or spilled around the house, Ruthie would blame Jessica but right away mention that Jessica was sorry for doing it.

One thing I didn’t like about the book was that her parents would tell her that her imaginary friend wasn’t real. I think that it is good for kids to have imaginary friends when they are growing up especially in this book since she didn’t have any pets or siblings. They could have suggested that she make other friends when she went to school, but I didn’t like how they told her that Jessica wasn’t real.

No comments:

Post a Comment