Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Arthur's Family Vacation By Marc Brown

This is one of my favorite series from when I was in elementary school. The storyline and the characters are interesting to many children. The family of Arthur is similar to many families where there are children who fight with each other about everything. I love the illistrations in these books. There is also realistic dialogue among the characters in these books. In this book the father reminds the children to use the bathroom before they leave on their trip. This reminded me of all the vacations I took as a child when my parents would remind me of these same things. One thing I didn't think would be good for young readers was that there is a lot of text on some of the pages. The big paragraphs may be uninviting to readers who are trying to move up in the level of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment