Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Giver by Lois Lowry

After reading this book for the second time I found it interesting that I had read this book in 5th grade. The book seems like it would be hard for children to read at that age and I wasn't sure if I remembered much from reading it the first time. The book is great to be read if the children are ready for this level of a book though. There are a lot of traditions and committees to keep track of while reading the book. The book is very interesting to think about. The fact that these people do not have feelings is interesting. It would be nice to go through your life without having to feel sadness or anger, but it would be such a shame to go through your life not being able to feel love and happiness! I love to think about membories of my past so I would not like to live in this community that is set up so strictly!

No comments:

Post a Comment