Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Melissa Parkington's Beautiful, Beautiful Hair By Pat Brisson

This book also taught a good lesson to me as a reader and I think it could teach a good lesson to many children who read it. The book is about a girl who only gets compliments on her hair, and it bothers her because she wants to be complimented on something she is good at or does instead of something physical. Melissa tries many new things to be talented at but has a hard time finding something that she really enjoys. By the end of the book she has decided to be the nicest person in the world. As she gets complimented on being nice throughout the book she decides to donate her hair to someone who is unable to grow hair on their own. I liked this book because I have donated my hair to these organizations before to help children with cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment