Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Dad Has HIV by Earl Alexander, Sheila Rudin, & Pam Sejkora

This book was educational about the HIV disease for Lindsey who is telling the story, but also for the parents who are unaware that she is so concerned about her father having the disease. This book was great for letting the reader know the information about the disease. Some people may believe that children shouldn't be learning about this subject between the ages of four and eight which this book is recommended for, but they may be overlooking the needs of some children. Lindsey was afraid that no one would want to be friends with her anymore so it was important to educate Lindsey's friends as well.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a good book. It is an important thing to expose children too. The fact of the matter is children have sick parents. Whether it is HIV or something else, a lot of children worry about their parents and then worry how people will treat them at school. My Mom has had cancer for most of my life, and I know a book like this might have been helpful for me. It was hard to relate to my peers because no one really understood. Good job.

    ReplyDelete